Niagara Life Centre is searching for a Communications & Donor Relations Coordinator to work with our team sharing Niagara Life Centre’s mission of providing compassionate care for families and individuals through counselling, guidance and support for emotional, mental health and spiritual needs.
As an integral part of the fundraising team, this coordinator will cultivate, steward, and help expand the relationships between the organization and its donors and exceeding expectations in the areas of maintaining and managing donor information. The C&DR coordinator will assist with Niagara Life Centre annual events as needed.
FTE: .60 (21 hours per week)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, write and edit a variety of communications including, but not limited to newsletters, appeals, donor packages, reports
- Develop and execute promotional plans for NLC and third party events
- Design and layout event and educational communication and outreach materials (eg., posters, flyers) for NLC and third party events
- Generate and engage online audiences using appropriate social media channels
- Develop and circulate media materials
- Respond to media inquiries
Donor Relations (40%)
- Develop, implement, and lead a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving
- Assist in the development of a cultivation strategy for top prospects
- Ensure all donor activity is recorded in donor database
- Ensures donors are acknowledged and recognized to strengthen their financial support
- Assists in creating innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors
- Work with administrative team on NLC events, as required.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- University degree or college diploma, ideally in marketing or communications; or minimum two years of experience working in communications and customer service/donor relations, preferably in the non profit sector
- Proven experience in successfully developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Experience in growing social media audiences and engaging online communities
- Experience in designing materials for social media
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging communications and marketing materials
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset
- Knowledge and proficiency in WordPress or related content management system would be an asset
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and sustain mutually supportive relationships
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, schedule and perform complex tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to make effective use of limited resources in a creative manner
Please apply with resume & cover letter to email@example.com by September 10.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.